María Hernández-Ojeda

It was a pleasure to serve as an ACERT Faculty Fellow during the academic year 2017-2018. It provided me with the opportunity to discuss innovative teaching strategies with faculty and staff throughout a variety of disciplines. I participated in three lunchtime seminars: a conversation on using primary documents in NYC archives, a discussion on teaching and learning abroad, and a presentation on Narrating Memory, a web-writing project that I have incorporated into my Spanish Civil War courses. I also organized the Teaching Scholarship Circle entitled Civic engagement and Activism in Higher Education, where participants discussed the role of colleges and universities in the search for solutions to current social, civil, and economic issues. The seminar leaders covered contemporary subjects, such as classroom discussions on sexual harassment following the #metoo movement, CUNY activism in the 1930s, and examples of community projects that originated in literature, art, and urban history courses.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes